The City of Solon's annual fireworks show takes place on Independence Day, July 4th, at the Solon Community Park. The show starts at dusk (when it is dark enough to see the show). Large crowds should be expected. Parking is available in surrounding City Park parking lots, Community Center, school parking lots and other public property. Please note the Post-fireworks traffic plan. In order to deal with surge traffic after the show and promote safety, the following traffic plans will be instituted:
- SOM Center Road will close during the show from Aurora Road to Pettibone Road (local access only).
- The portion of SOM Center Road adjacent to the park will not be passable to vehicles.
- All traffic that exits a parking lot onto SOM Center Road will be forced to turn right. Plan for your exit and park accordingly.
- All traffic that exits a parking lot onto Portz Parkway will be forced to turn right and travel towards Aurora Road. That traffic will then be forced to turn right at Portz and Aurora. Traffic then follows the north or south detour to leave the area.
- Left turns will not be permitted in areas designated on the map.
Please do not call our emergency dispatch center to ask fireworks-related questions. If the show must be canceled due to weather, we will post information on our social media outlets (Twitter, Next Door, Facebook).
Be patient, we will be directing traffic to the best of our abilities. A high call volume can also be expected during the post-fireworks traffic surge. Taxis and ride-share services may not be able to access you if you are in a gridlocked area. Don't let a little slow traffic ruin your day. Plan ahead!