Per the Codified Ordinances of the City of Solon no contractor shall perform any work in the city without first obtaining a certificate of registration from the Chief Building Official. The certificate of registration shall be valid for the calendar year in which issued and shall be renewed annually thereafter.
Certificate of Registration
In order to obtain a Certificate of Registration for the calendar year 2021, the following is required::
1). Completed Application for Certificate of Contractor Registration.
2). Each application shall Include the following:
- Evidence of general liability insurance in the amount of one million dollars($1,000,000) each occurrence and two million ($2,000,000) general aggregate. The City of Solon shall be listed as an additional insured.
- A completed and "sealed" City of Solon, Contractor registration Bond Form.
- Electrical, HVAC, Refrigeration, Hydronics and Plumbing trades shall furnish evidence of a current license issued by the Ohio Construction Industry Licensing Board . Fire Suppression and Fire Alarm/Detection trades shall furnish evidence of a current license issued by the Ohio Fire Marshal's Office .
- Evidence of general liability insurance in the amount of $1,000,000 each occurrence and $2,000,000 general aggregate. The City of Solon Ohio shall be listed as an additional insured.
3). A payment of $75 as a registration fee. An additional fee of $10.00 shall be included for each additional trade and the additional trade shall be specifically listed on the bond.
- Checks shall be made payable to the City of Solon Ohio and shall be attached to each application.
- If you are doing business by mail be sure to send a self addressed stamped envelop so your documents can be mailed back to you
To learn more, contact the Building Department at (440) 349-6737.