Bring together education, business and industry partners in an effort to share training resources, work-based learning programs and collaboration opportunities.
Key Focus Area -- Talent Attraction, Development & Retention:
Deliverables to include:
1) Assessment of workforce supply and demand for the business community (manufacturing, retail, hospitality and service industries), non-profits, and the public sector.
2) Host annual Solon Job Fair and promote other local and virtual job fairs.
3) Assessment of the transportation challenges that prevent regional talent from seeking and retaining jobs in the City of Solon. (Transportation Task Force)
4) Develop and implement of solutions for our transportation challenge. (Transportation Task Force)
5) Partnership with the City of Solon, Solon Library and a higher education partner in creating an Innovation Center. The Solon Innovation Center will develop local businesses and entrepreneurship through incubation, business acceleration and workforce training.
Angee Shaker, Director of Economic Development, City of Solon
Tom Bennett, Chamber President, Solon Chamber of Commerce
Tom Jackson, Insurance & Risk Management, Leverity Insurance Group
Mary Allen, Department Manager, Cleveland Clinic
Alicia Booker, Vice President of Manufacturing Technology, Center of Excellence Cuyahoga Community College
Brian Moran, Transportation Global Talent, Acquisition Manager
Kira Kabo, Head of Workplace Design & Construction, Nestle
Sunil Daga, President, Wrap Tite
Mary Allen, HR Department Manager, Cleveland Clinic
Chris Coon, Area Coordinator of Workforce Development, Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities